Friday, June 6, 2008

Coping with the Ghost...................

It has been almost two and a half months since my last post. All these days I was busy with prelims preparations of civil services exam.This is my first attempt at civils. Ever since I thought of preparation for this exam, one thing that was constantly making its presence either through friends, seniors or teachers was that this exam is a really a hard nut to crack.

All through my preparation for last 10 months or so I had really been waiting to have an encounter with this monster. Atlast the moment arrived on 18th May. With full prepararation( i thought so...!) I went at the exam center and was extrememly happy to spot some beautiful faces around. Only a moment had passed by, that I came to know those heart crackers were appearing for JNU exam. For a moment I thought of droping attempt at civils and attempting JNU exam but soon realised that I didnt possess admit card. To my surprise I found those charming faces looking at me...:) , but with a sympathetic look. And that too sympathy not for the person but for the exam that we were to appear for.

Leaving the beauties outside the centre I made my way towards my classroom. Bell rang. Question papers were distributed but with different versions, to stop diferent monks from exhibiting there copy skills. I was given Version A. 15 minutes passed by. And it was then that my supervisor realised that he has given me by mistake version A instead of version D alloted to my roll number. Now I had to erase all the enteries in my answer sheet and make way for new version. Remaining time went smoothly and I thanked god that I was able to complete my paper. NExt GS paper also went well.

This encounter with the monster really requires one to be prepared well both on intellectual as well as emotional quotient. All these days of preparation of exam and unending GS have been really testing. The days of preparation of 10-11 hrs, unlocking the treasure of current affairs, mugging up that factual data, has been really straining but a handsome experience.

I was always prepared to fight out and always believed that i could. Now that my prelims exam has went well, I am hoping for a positive result. Results shall be out in first week of August and my mains exam is from 17th October. So the fight is yet not over, I have to prepare myself to fight this monster out at the next level.

So here it begins again.....................................................

6 comments:

Ashish said...

Hi Shailesh

All the best for ur Mains....
I am sure u will crack it too!!

BTW may I ask what r ur optionals?
My id is ashish.kumar.pandey@gmail.com

Regards
Ashish

Shailesh said...

@ashish: Thanks mate.
Btw my optionals are PA and geog.

Ashish said...

Hi

Just wanted to talk to u more...as I too have the same optionals...u can give me ur mail id ad I can add u on orkut/gtalk...or better call u if u can give ur phone no...

Hope u can give me some initial guidance...as I am new to the field..whle u r a senior :)

Regards
Ashish
ashish.kumar.pandey@gmail.com

Shailesh said...

@ashish: No problem ucan drop me a mail.

Dost, dont call me a senior, I am also in this process for last one year.......and I am learnong the process too. Though if I can be of any help to you, I surely would.

My mail id: shaileshbalkawade@gmail.com

U can add me on orkut too.

Anonymous said...

Good words.

Shailesh said...

@ Trista : thanks